July 29-August 4, 2019
San Jose State University - San Jose, Calif.
To working media planning to cover the Mubadala Silicon Valley Classic:
We thank you for your interest in covering the Mubadala Silicon Valley Classic, July 20 – August 4, 2019 at San Jose State University. The event’s media staff will do everything to ensure you the best possible work environment. We look forward to working with you to make your experience a positive one. If you have special needs, requests or require any further assistance in your advance planning, please contact Sam Henderson at (305) 446-2200.
General information for applying (Please read carefully):
- The deadline for completing this application is Friday, July 19, 2019, 5 p.m. PT.
- Only one application should be completed by each media outlet.
- An assigning editor or producer should complete the application.
- If you are the individual planning to cover the tournament and you are completing the application, the application must be accompanied by a letter of assignment from the publication that falls within the tournament's eligibility guidelines in order to be considered.
- If you are a member of the ITWA, your application will be approved upon receipt.
- We cannot guarantee working space for anyone who does not submit a credential application by the deadline.
- All correspondence should be emailed to email@example.com.
Media Credential Application Guidelines:
- Print Media – Publications must have an audited circulation of at least 50,000. Media Credentials for the Mubadala Silicon Valley Classic are reserved for working journalists only. In order to be considered for a Media Credential, you must be a bona fide news gathering organization that produces and publishes original content. Applications for or related primarily to: (1) documentaries and/or films; (2) books (biographies, autobiographies, instructional guides, etc); (3) websites that are fanzines, that do not post original content based on news gathering criteria will not be accepted.
- Electronic Media (Radio/TV) – Radio and TV outlets must have a dedicated sports format in order to be considered.
- Photographers – Photographers must be on assignment from a publication that meets the publication requirements listed above. All photographers applying to cover the tournament are required to use professional photography equipment only.
The Mubadala Silicon Valley Classic will make the final decision on all credential applications based on space available and the size, scope and circulation of an individual publication.
NOTE: Past approval of credentials to the Mubadala Silicon Valley Classic does not guarantee a credential to the 2019 tournament.
The Mubadala Silicon Valley Classic reserves the right to limit credentials for freelance journalists. All journalists planning to cover the tournament must have a working assignment prior to approval of a credential.
- You will receive a confirmation letter which gives you temporary access to the media parking lot and media center.
- The Mubadala Silicon Valley Classic Media Center is located in the Gold Room of the Simpkins Stadium Center, 1240 S 7th Street, San Jose, CA 95112.
- Media parking for the Mubadala Silicon Valley Classic is located in the Track Lot (Lot 6) found on 10th Street, between E. Alma and E. Humboldt.
- Credential pick-up begins Saturday, July 27 between 10 a.m. and 4 p.m.
- A valid photo ID will be required to pick up credentials.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY FOR MEDIA CREDENTIALS