Thanks for your interest in becoming a driver for the 2022 Mubadala Silicon Valley Classic. We are looking for responsible, good driving individuals to be a part of the transportation team. To become a driver for the Mubadala Silicon Valley Classic you need to meet ALL the below requirements.
This is not a volunteer position, so to be considered to be hired, you have to meet ALL the below requirements.
Our operations are July 27-August 7, 2022
We have several strict requirements to become a driver:
- You must be between the ages of 25-65 yrs
- You must be Fully vaccinated and have at least 1 booster.
- Must be eligible to work in California
- Have a clean driving record (the tournament insurance company does a DMV background check)
- Be comfortable driving people around in a tournament vehicle (SUVs and large SUV's or minivans) around the local area, picking up and dropping off at SFO and SJC airports
- Must know how to get to and from Santana Row/Hotel Valencia and AC Marriott Downtown San Jose to the San Jose State tennis courts (next to the SJ State CEFCU Football stadium) without driving with the use of GPS, or Google maps on your phone (this is for safety purposes. As driving using GPS/Google maps is distracting). You will be given the addresses of the hotels prior to Orientation, so it's mandatory that you know how to get to and from (from the site, airports, etc) them prior to your first shift.
- MUST attend Mandatory Driver Orientation on July 24th at 11:00am-12:45pm (time and location TBD, but will be at San Jose State at the Mubadala Tennis Stadium site area). You will be paid for attending orientation.
- Must have a cell phone (we need this to communicate with you during your shifts)
- Must be able to work FOUR, 4 hour shifts during the tournament. Transportation operations are July 27-August 7th. Shifts are 7:15am-11:30am, 11:30am-3:30pm, 3:30pm-7:30pm, 7:30pm-11:30pm (or when matches finish).
- You will be paid $16.20/hour, so you must be eligible to work here in California. A background check will be done by the payroll and insurance company. Maximum number of hours you can work per day is 8, and maximum hours per week is 40 (work week is Sunday-Saturday)
- Must adhere to the tournament COVID protocol guidelines and rules.
If you meet all the above criteria, then please contact Transportation Manager Marla Ono at firstname.lastname@example.org to be considered to become part of the transportation team.